Saturday 4 June 2016

The Robin By Samuel Mack-Poole.


The Robin:









At the first sight of blossom, and the cheery sunshine of Spring,

I saw quite a profound, special little thing.

A delightful robin, beautiful and sweet,

Flying and fluttering before landing on its feet.

But, you see, as it landed, it cocked its tiny head,

And fixed its eyes towards me, its breast gleaming red.

I felt we shared a moment, between bird and man --

But it lasted but a two second span.

Off it flew once more, unto the azure sky.

Yet it was moment I won't forget until I die.

You see, I had a singular feeling on the day of Spring sunshine:

I saw before me the creation of God, and it was utterly divine.

To witness the beauty of the most high,

Cannot leave a man unaffected, nor his eye to be dry.

1 comment: